Back by popular demand, Graylyn’s esteemed executive chef, Gregory Rollins, has graciously agreed to share his memory-steeped roasted vegetable soup recipe. One taste and we’re sure you’ll agree Chef Rollins is taking vegetables to a whole new level.
Graylyn’s Roasted Vegetable Soup
(Makes 10 servings – because soup is meant to be shared!)
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
2 ½ cups coarsely chopped onion
1 cup diced zucchini
1 cup diced yellow squash
½ cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrot
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
5 plum tomatoes, halved (about 1 lb)
3 garlic cloves, sliced
4 cups vegetable broth (1 [32 ounce] box)
1 cup cubed peeled baking potato
½ cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 425°
2. Combine first eight ingredients in a baking pan; toss to evenly coat. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Combine broth and remaining ingredients in a large pot; bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until potato is tender.
5. Add the roasted vegetables to potato mixture. Place half of vegetable mixture in a blender, and process until smooth.
6. Pour puréed mixture into a large bowl; repeat procedure with remaining vegetable mixture.
7. Return to pan; cook for 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
8. Finish with cream and serve.