Winston-Salem’s annual RiverRun International Film Festival is coming in hot April 4 – 14! USA Today’s 10Best list agrees that the Academy Award-qualifying film festival is a must-attend event. From Q&A panels with filmmakers to 165 screenings and venues throughout the city, you’ll have plenty to do during this 11-day experience.
Here are our top reasons why we think this spring festival is a box-office hit.
- No movie is complete without popcorn. Chad’s Carolina Corn, a locally owned and operated gourmet popcorn company, will be in abundance at RiverRun this year.
- Get all the craft beer you can drink on tap at Winston-Salem’s seven downtown breweries. April is NC Beer Month, after all!
- RiverRun Film Festival is perfect for a first date. “Dinner and a Movie” highlighted with downtown dining beats “Netflix and Chill” any day!
- Catch a documentary short or animated short before it potentially makes it to the Academy Awards stage! RiverRun is an Academy-Award-qualifying festival in these two categories.
- The RiverRun Gala, held Friday, April 5 in Millennium Center, is the hottest party of the year! Just $20 will get you mingling among stars.
- Embrace your inner child (or bring your actual children) for Saturday morning cartoon classics, screening Saturdays during RiverRun in downtown’s Bailey Park.
- Bring toddlers and pups alike for Family Day in Bailey Park. Catch a free family-friendly movie Saturday, April 13, along with food trucks and live music on site. Additionally, RiverRun hosts free Saturday Morning Cartoons on both Saturdays of the festival: April 6 and 13.
- You’ll never get bored. RiverRun boasts more than 150 films over 11 days! Talk about a movie marathon!
- Hear from industry insiders! Q&As and panel discussions with filmmakers will have you feeling like a film aficionado.
- Gain new perspectives from films all over the world. You’re bound to learn something new at RiverRun, no matter what genre you’re into.
- Come for the films; stay for the big city nightlife. More than 16,000 festival goers visit Winston-Salem for RiverRun each year, and many of them stay downtown to enjoy the craft breweries, bars, and music venues.
- Because USA Today says so (read it for yourself)!Grab your tickets to the RiverRun International Film Festival today. With so many reasons to attend, how could you resist?
The 2019 festival lineup will be announced on March 12. Tickets go on sale to the general public March 15 at riverrunfilm.com